View Single Post
      08-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochesq View Post
Last night after dinner I was coming home with very LITTLE traffic as I got on the freeway. I quickly hit 120+ mph from the onramp to the freeway when red lights far behind me lit up. I downshifted to go to the 65 mph posted speed limit and waited for the CHP to catch up to me before I pulled over. The officer said you were going at least 90 mph, why? I told him verbatim: "I only had the car for two-three months and have not yet comprehended its true potential." He smirked, took my insurance, license and registration. He returned a couple of minutes later (presumably after verifying that I didn't steal it) and said be careful and let me go with a warning!

Whew, never got that lucky before!! I guess that's what happens when you drive it like you stole it.
YES! WIN!

Same thing kind of happened to me about a month ago. I was letting my Straightpiped RPi GTM Exhaust SING while accelerating on to the highway but not really speeding, I was just in a 2nd and 3rd gear but pretty light on the throttle. A CHP comes out of nowhere behind me, flips on his lights for about 3 seconds, and then proceeds to fly around me on the left and pulls off in the distance. I always wondered if he was about to pull me over and then all of a sudden got a more urgent call. Lol!

Appreciate 0