View Single Post
      08-26-2016, 01:36 PM   #20
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Big things from small beginnings time. Took care of a couple essentials last night. Gloss black fender grills from IND and debadged the trunk. I had the entire grill done in gloss black as I really can't handle matte anything on a car. Drives me crazy. Plus the mperformance kidney grills are gloss black now so I needed to tie the fenders in with them and the window trim.

Debadging is just something I have always done. It does not look clean to me with a badge in the corner. I have a M5 license plate on order though as I'm not opposed to the badging, just the placement. This way it will be nice and centered below the roundel and everything will flow. Yes way too much thought goes into the little things, but the little things are what makes a build imo.

Before:

IND:

The only tools I used. The fork to pry and the slab to decompress one tab. After one tab is free you can literally just pull the whole grill out. Super easy.

Debadged with a horrible pic. Super easy. Use a hair dryer on it for a bit to loosen adhesive. Take one of the tools from above and pry a corner up. Then just pull off the badge. Use hairdryer again after to make the adhesive tape come right off. Couldn't be easier. Now on an older car it would probably be a bit of a pain, but on a new car it is cake.
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0