View Single Post
      06-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
OK, Dinan Stage 2 and Cold Air Intake are on order

They gave me the $500 back on the exhaust so I have effectively bought the whole enchilada now. Exhaust for $3000 which is already installed, Cold Air Intake for $3000 and the Stage 2 DTronics module for $3750. That's $10k in mods (before labor) on a rapidly depreciating item but it's just money and if I don't spend it, someone else will. So IMO, this beats getting a new M5 with CP but it doesn't totally negate the interest in a second more sporty car but it will make this one more fun for a while longer.

So when I get another car, I will definitely be keeping this one. I wonder what 620hp is going to feel like compared to what it is already. I may need to get a new set of tires as well.

I am sure I could do this for less but I am not going to get any crap from the dealer since he is selling and installing the parts and I don't have to worry about any blowback effects from the tune since Dinan has it's warranty on the product.

I was very happy with the difference in torque that Stage 2 on the 535 made and looking at the torque curve for this tune, I should be able feel a substantial difference with this one. That is why I am thinking about a new set of tires, at least on the rear, I will need good traction when I get on it.

There is a backorder list for the DTronics and they estimate it will ship by the end of the month. So it's hurry up and wait now.

Last edited by wrsbmw; 06-13-2014 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0