View Single Post
      04-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #23
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Bad news. The sound is still there BMW service checked inside-out and new shock-absorbers installed. I tried to get in touch with the owner of another M5 in country and ask him if he noticed the same problem, but he refused to "get in contact" but he told the dealership that he doesn't have any problems on his "weekend car". I think it's more likely that that owner doesn't know a thing how a proper well built car should be and don't think my car is the only one defected.

Local dealership is in process of getting in touch with BMW Germany because they think it's the problem of EDC system. Driving the car over bumps with EDC set to 'Sport Plus' and 'Comfort' mode show different results, sound more likely to come off when in 'Comfort' mode.

The BMW service expert said he thinks that the shock absorbers are were not designed good enough for bad roads or road bumps. He said the shock absorbers aren't fast enough to react to abrupt pits on roads or situations when you cross a tram railway.

I'd appreciate if other owners can possibly check their cars for this "loose tube" sound from rear when coming off a railway, road pits or little sidewalk to help decide if the problem is isolated for me or is a poorly designed shock absorbers for M5 F10. This will make many owners that drive the car every day and don't have perfect roads.

Last edited by singularity; 04-03-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0