05-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #37
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Sounds boring, but knowing me, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night wondering how safe it is where my car is parked in a foreign land. I'm pretty OCD with my cars, and driving a $100k car in a place I'm unfamiliar with driving habits, laws, parking etc. would probably ruin my trip. My main incentive to do ED is the savings since we will fly using miles and just the experience of seeing where my car was "born". We'll do a week in Italy as well, but a rental is fine for that.

I can wait to drive my M5 on American soil where I know where I'm going and what to expect.
Understood. I too, am very OCD, but when you get to Europe, Munich in particular, you get the sense that it is a whole city of people just like you and me that pay attention to driving, details, accuracy.

I actually feel better with my car there than here at home, where joe bag of donuts in the minivan is texting and eating a big mac while barreling down the wrong lane of the interstate, trying to yell at 5 kids playing volleyball in the back.
Appreciate 0