03-29-2017, 10:18 AM   #108
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater328iT View Post
San Antonio metro area population is 2.3 million, Austin is 2 million. Maybe the city's population is different, but where do you think all of that traffic comes from? Look around at all of the sprawl.
All you're doing is proving my point. The city's surrounding areas have expanded and the infrastructure to support the traffic just isn't there and they won't build it unless it's tolled. Proof of my point:

TX-71 should be a 5 lane freeway from Bee Cave to Bastrop. Barely 1/4 of that is.

US-290 on the north side should be the same to, probably, a bit past Manor if not all the way to Elgin. On the south side should be running probably all the way to Dripping Springs.

US-183 should be the same from where it ends just shy of Loyola to Toll 45\130 with an added joiner for the existing interchange there.

TX-360, the Capital of Texas Hwy. Why the hell isn't THAT a freeway? That is an utter clusterfuck.

US-79 they should already be looking at from Round Rock to Taylor.

Don't even get me started on the interchange parts don't exist that ABSOLUTELY should like I-35 North to either direction of Toll 45 on the north side, I-35 North to US-183 West or East in South Austin. US-290 North to US-183 East or West in South Austin, the existence of only ONE interchange ramp from Toll 130 South to US-290 (Tolled portion) westbound, etc. There's at least 3 or 4 more like this. Also, the fact that it took them 10 years to fully complete the entirety of the interchange of I-35 and TX-71.

And let's see about expansion that has been done:

US-290 north side to Toll-130, yep, expanded via toll road.
US-183 north, yep, a whole new parallel tolled road built just to the east called US-183A.
Loop 1 (MoPac Expwy.) all expansion that has been done has been done so using tolled sections.
Toll 45\130 just the fact that they were built is self-explanatory and the fact that it serves as a, sort of, freeway from Lockhart to South Austin. They'll be adding another lane or two to Toll 130 here soon that will probably run the length between Georgetown to the interchange at Toll 45 in South Austin.

I rest my case.
Appreciate 1