03-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #110
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy628 View Post
NC is known for its pleasant weather but there are lot of things to look at. Folks here know you Yankees are looking for a way out of the high cost NE so they nickel and dime you on a lot of little things. They tax food, NC has a higher than avg US gas tax, vehicle's and other personal property. I have lived here for 20 of my 54 yrs on this earth, born and raised in OH lived in DC for a while and NC is not a very progressive place to live and very intolerant in a lot of ways native North Carolinians really don't want you "Yankees" coming down here and they let you know it. My kid who was raised here moved away because its very dysfunctional in a lot if ways. But if you like pulled pork and Cheerwine come get sum!
I'm not sure what part of NC you're in, but I was always welcomed as Yankee from Detroit. The only thing it really was, was a joke amongst locals but nobody really gave a shit. In fact, it was easier making friends in the south because more people are open to random conversation (Roxboro southern town and Raleigh). Also, not sure what you mean by getting nickel and dimed, never experienced that in the slightest.

If the worst thing to happen is someone calls you a Yankee then there are bigger problems. The screwed up government only counters other states. Property tax on a car, yeah it's dumb, but you can get screwed in insurance or whatever in another state, hell try living in CA if you're not a fan of government. Living in Ohio, I would much rather live in NC in a heartbeat. I'd take a pay cut to go back.
Appreciate 0