View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #64
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlessmark07 View Post
After having the springs installed for a few weeks now, there is nothing negative to report. If you choose the full coilover setup in the M5 you would lose all suspension settings and effectively be in sport plus all the time. With just springs you retain that. The ride is perfect and with the spacers it looks like it came from the factory that way. You will not regret dropping the car. I promise you will love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
100% agree with Mark. There are pics on another thread where you'll see our two cars in between 2 others with stock springs. Huge diff. Ride is perfect too.

3rd the notion---- Here is my take:

The drop is minimal with the H&R springs- only 1 inch up front and 6/10ths in the rear so the geometry is not drastically modified. There is no increased bounciness that sometimes is accompanied with stiffer spring rate coils and larger drops. I honestly can not tell the difference in the suspension except visably. Does the car handle any better? Probably not but it doesnt handle worse. Is there added road feel? Not with my experience over the same drives I do. I wish more cars like the m5 were this simple to lower with no adverse effects.

When I lowered my E92 M3 with RD sports the drive became that much more intense with alot of rebound at higher speeds. With the H&R's on the F10 m5 you keep that trademark BMW stiff yet forgiving suspension we all have grown to love (well most of us).
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0