Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Conflict of interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Funny how no-one seemed to speak up after Used2Be's comments. So far we've gotten a +15hp(Fly M5) and +11hp(M5ccibro) compared to an +11hp gain from the Gruppe M Intake independent dyno run, seems to me these numbers are a little too close for comfort. A long time ago I saw some dyno from Gruppe M themselves claiming around +25hp gain when they first introduced their intake system.
I noticed that none of the after market suppliers thought to respond to my post and thought it odd also. It bothers me that Gruppe M would claim 25 HP in their advertising, but even more that the businesses who sell the product, and have dyno testing capability, decided to ignore the restrictive stock charcoal filter during their install procedures prior to the dyno runs. And, as I've learned from other posts, the charcoal filter is not a new addition to BMW intakes, so the experience of these tuners should have told them that it was a definite restriction and plays a role in HP production, or lack of it. Those businesses did report accurate dyno figures, but failed to attribute the results in the appropriate way. My cynical side tells me these same companies sell the Gruppe M products, and with the hefty price tag there is most likely also a hefty profit margin! Disappointing, as most of us must rely on their expertise to make our decision of which performance products to spend our money on.
Appreciate 0