05-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #96
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Yes! Thank you. So I'm not the only one who scared the instructor by the prodigious power and torque of the F10 M5. When I've told storys about how I accidentally scared my instructor on the track to other instructor friends of mine they immediately think it was because of some mistake I had made while driving. It was just the sheer acceleration of the M5 really.
I finally got the chance to ride in an F10 M5 last month when a good friend of mine got one and it was shocking. My M3 is supercharged (VT2-625) but the power of the stock F10 M5 still left a big impression on me, in lower gears I have no doubt it would pull far away from my car. My car feels similar above 6,000RPM but anywhere below that the M5 is so much more powerful it isn't even funny.

People complaining that the extra power will be useless in the first few gears have either never driven an M5 or need to learn to be smooth with the throttle. If you hammer the gas suddenly, of course it will light up the rear tires, but the M5 has no problem hurling itself forward even in 1st gear. An extra 30 horsepower isn't going to spoil that especially when they're saying the traction and stability control systems have been recalibrated.
Appreciate 0