12-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #141
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavelM3 View Post
Ahh ok, I see what you mean. I thought you were referring to performance boost = HP gains from the Comp pack on the E46 M3 - in which there was none

You mentioned in post 83 that the E92 Comp pack is a "joke" yet, the E92 M3 w\comp pack managed to do better track times than the Merc C63 AMG w\performance pack - 30hp more - on most every track out there. Remember, the C63 is a car in it's class.

Each year, the ///M division improves on the previous gens. and compete with cars in its class - Better suspension, brakes, engine etc... The E92 comp pack was an improvement over the previous gen. - without an increase in HP... Look, the E92 V8 weighs less than the Inline 6 in your E46 M3.... That's pretty amazing if you ask me!!

So, my question to you is, can an E46 M3 with Comp pack hang with a new C63 with perf pack (with experienced drivers at the wheels)?? Not even close and the only person you're fooling (or making excuses for) is yourself but thats ok, because it sounds like old M cars are perfect for you
Try to rediscover what reading comprehension ability I hope you have while you're busy being butthurt. I was talking about the ZCP as an option, not referring to the car it belongs to as a whole. Sorry you wasted your time writing that novel on something unrelated. Good going.

And since you brought it up, there's nothing "amazing" about the S65 weighing less than the S54 when it goes from a cast iron block to weaker aluminum block. And no, especially if you put power numbers aside, the E9X is not superior to the E46.