avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch
These are the black chrome front grilles by the way (and side gills/door handles) on FB. What Stealth was referring to.
BTW I now have a contact at M Gmbh who can help directly customize cars for me too.

He told me that all frozen cars should have black chrome and the problem is US dealers don't know how to properly configure the car!
Tell me about it. When I ordered my M5 I started talking to my dealer immediately after Individual emailed them my final specs. They were not involved in anything besides price negotiations. They were not used to selling a car this way.

But, at the same time we can't blame our local dealers. I don't think they get the right information and/or training in regards to individual. We order our cars with options that look good and we know are feasible because we have seen them before on other models. They think it's all impossible and "no possible way".. that is until they have an email in their inbox from an @bmw-m.com address with the option pricing needed to finalize the deal at the dealer level.