View Single Post
      09-02-2014, 10:39 PM   #83
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoM3z View Post
This goes to show the effort and passion that goes into your work. I am very excited and can't wait to see the results. Was the adaption for the M6 took this long? Any ideas why the M5 adaption is taking this long?
Well even the 6 wasn't fully adapted do to a meth leak in the filter befire the solenoid not a bad one but enough to effect how it ran. I found out later when it was acting crazy on the Dyno. Even with that it still made power. when i fixed the leak not thinking anything of it i started driving it like i stole it, then the M6 had multiple missfire codes like some who didnt give it time to adapt.

Well i went throygb the adaptation process again and its hauling ass. Since then I parked it as I've been building other custom products. So who knows really what the gains will be once I get it back in the Dyno.

in the mean time i bolted the intake up to the M5 with some minor adjustments and off I went. I felt the M5 would be a better test mule because it doesn't have the inconsistencies of the meth effecting the true power gains and showing the true potential of the intake on a bone stock car.

Another reason its taken so long I went out of town and spent more Time cruising then actually running it hard to adapt. So the last day or two I've been been going through the adaptation process and I can feel the difference especially today. I'm thinking tomorrow will be another good day and closer to being fully adapted.

I can say the car pulls crazy to redline even 100F which is not normal for a M5 that has stock cats and stock exhaust. Before it would heat soak even if it was a cooler day and running it hard.

The data I collected proved that pushing it through the gears intake temps got cooler. I even let the car idle for 25minutes in a parking lot and watched intake temps rise from 120-150 then I went for a drive and as I was going through the gears temps got down to 115-120.

If it was stock intake it would have had no power what's so ever especially in 95+ humid weather.

Any way I will have Dyno numbers for both cars very soon. As for the M5 ill have other products as well to add and Dyno each modification.

Hope this gives a better understanding of adaptation and what to expect from both cars.
Appreciate 0