Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
oh just incase, char posted this in this thread,

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762747

no coding and he didn't need a harness, so I'm going into my dealer tomorrow to find out more about that issue if true; ill have mine done by Sunday! , _and_ he used the module I posted the part number above! so no baloney about this not being available. where is the popcorn smiley
It's not a harness, it's a control module. You need it if you have heating, vibration, or both. Otherwise it's not necessary. Coding is not required.

This module wasn't in TIS originally, nor was it orderable. You have me to thank for that as it just appeared in the November/December catalog. I did this retrofit back in October.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Enjoy your new wheel. This retrofit is really quite simple once you have the correct parts.

I ordered my M5 with nearly every option and unlike some other manufacturers, BMW offers similar equipment in other countries. I wish there were more for me to do but there isn't. I remember back with my VW/Audi cars retrofitting things like lane assist and active cruise control, or a 4Motion drivetrain swap.

Hmm... AWD M5. That would be neat.

Last edited by wdimagineer; 01-04-2013 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0