07-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
Can anyone getting sways installed please weigh their outgoing and incoming sways and post results.
I will contact the manufacturers and try to get info on how they rate stiffness.
I installed the BMW competition pack bars a while back, and the weight difference from stock can't be much. The smaller diameter of the middle of the front bar is one inch which is a little over 16" wide. The CP bar has that smaller diameter for less distance, 8", while the rest of the bar is the same diameter as stock at 1.15". There was very little difference between the stock rear bar and the CP bar, but BMW knows a lot more than I do about designing suspension, and maybe there's a reason for that....?

Good luck getting relevant info from manufacturers. Dinan gives a % increase, but wouldn't tell me how they rate either the stock bar, or theirs. Just as with a spring, I'd like to have a pounds per inch of deflection number to base a decision on. Can't be that hard to do. And remember, stiffer isn't necessarily better. Too stiff and you lift a tire off the pavement. The Dinan bars must be lighter, but even at 10 pounds front and 5 pounds rear, of sprung weight on a 4,400 pound car, not a big deal.

I have been very pleased with the change to the CP sway bars. Much more planted on turn in, and through the corner.
Appreciate 0