Thread: Light interior?
View Single Post
      06-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
Virr
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
The M5 has a smooth grain surface as opposed to a grainy surface like the Dakota or Novillo leathers in the 3 series.

It is much easier to stay clean. I have light leathers in all my cars and they all look like new.

My leather maintenance routine is that my detailer conditions my leather every 3-4 weeks, and he cleans the leather (i.e. wipes it with a leather cleaning spray) once a quarter.

It's really not very hard as long as you are clean. So for instance if I go out for a burger I wash my hands before returning to the car. And if that isn't possible I keep small packets of wet wipes in my glove box just in case.

Further I keep a leather cleaning kit from Swissvax in my trunk. If I ever see an oily spot where someone has made a mess, I spray the spot and wipe with a microfiber cloth and that keeps it clean. You don't want to leave stains for several months. As an example, every time I take my car in for an oil change, the BMW tech leaves dark oily fingerprints on the leather. I can eliminate those marks in 2 minutes with my cleaning kit.
That's quite some maintaining.

BMW techs who leaves dark oily fingerprints - what a horrible thought.

Got any fresh pictures of your interiour?

Thank you in advance..
Appreciate 0