View Single Post
      11-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
derekana
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbmb View Post
About to pull the trigger on a 2014 M5 and trying to decide between leasing or purchasing. My negotiated price is roughly 100k. And I have about 28k in equity in my trade-in. The lease quote is for 12k miles per year for 3 years. Residual is 57% and the mf is .00125. Payment is roughtly 1370/month. And I'd get a check for the 28k and invest it elsewhere.

Or I could put that equity as a down payment and finance at 1.99%. Monthly payments are 1250ish.

I don't keep cars usually longer than 3-4 years. And my fear is there will be a boatload of M5's on the used market about that time. Is the residual of 57% pretty strong for leasing?

I'm a newbie to leasing. Only leased once and wanted to get out of the car after 1.5 years. Granted it was an M roadster and found out we were expecting about a month after we got it. Oops.

They told me leases with BMW are easy to get out of. Is that true? Not sure what getting out of a lease requires. If it requires making all the payments, then that's a little misleading. I haven't seen a lease contract yet so I don't know all the details.

Thanks.
whats the MSRP of the car? 1370/month doens't make sense at all (is tax included?). It should be in the $1100 range before tax.
Appreciate 0