View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #34
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

I have a piano black interior trim on my 2010 M5 and would get it again.. I ordered it on my 2013 M5.
It does scratch, and you have to realize that and be careful or else you will end up with a not so great looking trim. The easiest part to scratch is the center console area (E60) and any other high traffic trim area.. have to keep in mind not to place anything on it like cell phone / keys.
Also when you clean it, you need to clean it carefully and with the right product and cloths.

BMW Munich sent me a bottle of 'nanowax' and what seemed like a bar of clay. I don't know exactly what it is because it was just sent in a small bottle with that name written on it. But, its messy and one would need to uninstall the parts, clean, then reinstall. If not the fine clay particles gets stuck in the cracks. It did work somewhat well.. I could see a difference.

I would suggest getting the Swissvax line of products (wood wax, brushes, etc), and that will help a lot with the upkeep. If you keep up with it and keep in mind that its prone to scratching, then it will stay in good shape. I will be using this product right after I take delivery as preventative maintenance.. then keeping up on it as necessary (usually after every 2-3 washes).
Appreciate 0