View Single Post
      02-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #94
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

This is a BMW forum - I'm not sure why having fans of BMW's on this forum would be a revelation or surprise to anyone.

There's no value-add in this review at all. I have no idea why they would post it - save to see a 3 page long thread on a BMW forum full of people talking about how odd the video is in general. If that was the case, mission accomplished.

The DCT commentary is absurd - anyone who has driven a 2014 M5 with DCT around town as a daily driver will tell you that provided you have settings for throttle and transmission in their most compliant (lowest) setting. It's smooth as can be.

I haven't had ANY electronic navigation guidance system that hasn't steered me wrong at some point. The first releases of Apple Maps had me driving through a cemetery in Atlanta. They've all got their issues - iDrive is no exception but it is better than most built-in car systems and Google online POI search added in 2014 has helped considerably. I'll listen to Brian Cooley for critical reviews of car tech, not Matt.

The best review is the one you do for yourself. Go drive it.
Appreciate 0