gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by (H)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post

A much better match-up would have been either the M4 or better yet the M6.

End of rant.
I don't think an M6 would have done much different in the comparison to the GTR. Maybe 2.6 slower ;-) On same setup and track, I was really surprised to see how similarly the M5 and M6 performed. Both clearly not hard-core track cars.

Might be an interesting question to see what the M5 owners desires/expectations are. I can state for myself that I would have chosen a 991 GT3 any second if I wouldn't have small kids and a wife who would have divorced me if I would have gotten both. I am entirely in love with my M5 and at the same time, I am frustrated that it is not a track car. 99.5% of the time, I am sitting in it alone, hence, I should really have gotten a true track car. 99.5% of the times that I haul my family around, I switch to my QX80 instead of the M5. The M5 is a compromise car by definition. But I would dare say it is the most amazing amongst all the compromise cars there is.
I am wondering why they don't do more comparisons the other direction. M5 vs. Mulsanne. Isn't that in a sense what an M5 vs. GTR comparison is like?

End of rant ;-)
Actually a different driver during a C&D comparo vs the M5 at that track ran a 1:17.2 in the M6 ! That driver also got a better time out of the M5 that day 1:18.5 I think. . So a big difference between the two actually. The M6 had significantly less understeer on turn in and could carry more mid corner speed . This is one of the only same day same driver, same track comparo's I've seen vs the two . 1.3 seconds on such a short track is a TON !
Appreciate 0