View Single Post
      06-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #53
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrat View Post
How can the people of an online enthusiast community disagree with BMW's MT offering? - or are you seriously concerned about BMW's high-risk investment?
I don't necessarily disagree with it, but I do wish that the market would settle on one transmission. I would prefer that to be a DCT-type, but even if it were a traditional automatic I would be ok with it if it meant freeing up more resources to spend on other areas - specifically weight loss and efficient naturally aspirated engines. Same thing goes for AWD which will be coming to the M5 later if rumors come true. That's great, but again, I'd like to see them spend the money on even lighter cars than what they are already planning, and again, it would be great to see the S65/S85 upgraded with HPI, multi-displacement, etc, instead of being retired.

There is only so much money you can spend on a program and be profitable. Every additional feature, option, or governement mandated item means less money to spend on what matters most - performance.
Appreciate 0