02-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #30
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Well it is kind of like you spewing out this "opinion" that you formulated from nowhere. So to firm up the question about Dynos and warranty issues, and to eliminate any sense of speculation and questioning, you will be able to check with your BMW dealer shortly as BMW has officially implemented the policy and is in the process of releasing a bulletin to US dealers. The only thing I cannot tell you with certainty is whether or not they will be able to apply warranty voids "retro" to the time at which the policy was established.

There you have verifiable fact. No need for further speculation. Unless this decision is overruled for some reason, you will be able to verify this very shortly with your dealer.

Btw...I wonder if you can surmise where policies like these are born from? Where do you think BMW and other manufacturers gather information that gets them saying "hmmmm"? Hint: You don't have to look far.

I am definitely not an M engineer but my Dyno processes information comes from someone in a position quite a bit beyond "engineer" these days. As stated before, I know this is a no win discussion with most people on the boards. Believe what suits you and disregard the rest but don't discredit information useful to others because you have randomly dismissed its validity. Some people really do know things and are willing to share for the good of others, which I believe is really the spirit of the boards
Sure thing.
I believe it when I see actual proof from you on many of your "claims"
BMW can certainly tell any change in parameters/resistance/measurements and if they don't correlate in a way it makes sense to them (ie tunes/piggy back etc) . They also have ways to log certain information in spaces inaccessible to tuners (in the past certain tuners would flood the DME with thousands of exhaust flap errors to "push" out other logged events) . As soon as your car is connected to the BMW diagnostic system and a case is opened with HQ they will see the data (the dealer can't do anything to intercept this process , besides not to plug in your car) .
I wonder how you will distinguish from a car accelerating or running on a (properly setup) dyno. But than again you know so much none of us mere mortals I will wait with baited breath. In the event of real proof I am happy to eat my own words (ie your mods , warranty etc) ... until them I will be skeptical. Being vocal and stating the same over and over again doesn't make it any more true. Case closed for me for the time being.
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0