View Single Post
      03-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #49
Imola F10 M5
Rep
Drives: 2013 Imola Red M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
I agree with stealth.pilot, I've always loved what work IND makes but I keep seeing this topic and its "flashy" title made me reply this time .

"A Statement of Heritage" is loud statement, this car has nothing subtle about it (one of most important "heritage" lost) and the few design changes that were done make it look less attractive than stock.

Painted grills - not a good idea. Stock chrome outline looks good, while paint matched makes it look like 2 misplaced holes.
Painted door handles - why would you do that?
Wheels - unaesthetic, you guys don't get it
Exhaust - I like this, although I find it a tad bit too big

A Statement of Heritage would mean you're showcasing how a real and proper M5 should look with changes that have a direct relation to its roots - none of this is present in this car. I think it would be more fitting to name it A Statement of Individuality because this car is rather individual.

Well I can respect others opinions. This car was about capturing the excitement I had when I owned the same color combo in an E39. I can't speak to the bonafied heritage of the colors, but I will say that IMO Imola is a deep vibrant color that is absent from the F10 line. I like many others coming from the factory but none grab me like this color (Orange is nice, but I like red better). In any event, this is my statement, little chrome all red and black. To me this isn't too showy or boy racer. IMO. Thanks for comments
Appreciate 0