View Single Post
      06-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #20
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
MBA 13" owner here. I love the machine to bits. It does 95% of everything I need from a computer while being thin, light, and super quick (due to its SSD). Hell, I have a 27" late-2009 iMac and I feel that it can be sluggish sometimes. I should really upgrade that machine to an SSD as well.

I also have an iPad as well, and as great as it is, it's really for entertainment/media consumption usage. I use it solely for checking email, web browsing, general apps, and playing games. For any real mobile computing I use the MBA (for work). This includes web maintenance as well as a bit of photo editing (Pixelmator + Aperture). And let's not forget about running parallels for the 335i as well (COBB AP, BT Tool, Cobb ATR).

Personally, I'd sell the older MBP and iPad for the new Macbook Air. Its been upgraded with Ivy Bridge AND extra RAM + thunderbolt + USB 3.0. This should be more than enough for work and play. Only when you are doing INTENSIVE computing usage (Photoshop CS6, Final Cut) should you keep or upgrade to the MBP.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0