03-03-2017, 08:19 PM   #66
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ur20v View Post
If it was you company and money would replace all parts just because one fails? Think about it - you have four tyres, all do the same journeys and miles, one blows, do you replace all four... answer depends on failure - a nail in one doesn't automaticly make the others need replacement - it becomes your choice and personal opinion. As a customer it just feels nice or right but this has no engineering or buisness merit.
In his situation, the N54 or even the S63...entire bad batches of low index injectors were out there and failing miserably. BMW finally administered a recall due to enough complaints (they usually wait until it's a safety issue, cars dying on the highway, etc before they get off their asses) and replaced ALL of my index 07 injectors with the latest index 12 injectors. I don't know if the S63TU has index levels like mine did, but I'm assuming they do. Business merit...how about a customer spent $100+k on a vehicle with notoriously defective rod bearings, drivelines, airbags and injector issues. Hold their feet to the fire vs letting them off as it being "just business".
Appreciate 0