southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostomni
You make me want to go. I think this type of experience and all it comes with holds a lot more value than you paid. In terms of money, this will pay dividends your entire life.

Well done review. This is now on my list
I agree completely.

I know what you mean philosophically. Financially, it is still a bit of a wonder they can pull it off for $3600 ($3000 with CCA discount). I know they have all kinds of contracts to make the components less than retail (Grenville Marriott, Continental tires, etc.), but I still would like to know what their profit margin is. They used at least 15 cars (probably closer to 20 cars counting the instructors and swap outs) with tires valued at about $2000 per car. Change all if those once and you're at $60k. The helmets are worth $600 (x15). Add meals, hotel, and gas, and that's a pretty penny. After that, tack on the pay for these highly trained driving instructors, and God knows what kind of money we're looking at.

The course is great PR for the brand and their cars. I think that's the justification to the accountants.
Appreciate 0