View Single Post
      07-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #32
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vivid View Post
I'm not sure I get what you are saying there.
How does a Stainless exhaust expanding .5mm over its entire length help maximize airflow?
Also, heat dissipation from the exhaust (in general) would actually hinder performance. When exhaust gasses stay hot, it improves the scavenging effect, increasing power.
Correct. That was a bit confusing. I think he had some things mixed up when I was explaining the expanding of the system to him and how the tips do stick out a little farther from the bumper on a hot exhaust. We try to keep our EGTs how throughout the exhaust system to provide for better exhaust velocity. Thanks for clarifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
I said I was going back to the dyno to back up my claims and I came out swinging. Now that the ecu had a chance to adjust, these are my results. Wait for it....1st run 540hp/502tq That was good until I hit it up on my 2nd run. 2nd run 560hp/518tq The party really began when I hit a home run with my 3rd run @ 562hp/524 tq.!!!: Now thats what I'm talking about. My camera took a shit during the 3rd run so no video, but I have a pic from my cell phone on the results..RPI POWA! Thanks go out to JTranstudio for allowing me to tear up his dyno and rpi for making an exhaust that put out the powa. Ps. I'm still waiting for advertisement fees. Lol.

1st run::

2nd run::

On this 1st photo it shows my warm up run and my 1st run.
How did I miss this post? lol. Hows your car running?
Appreciate 0