Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E46 M3

Garage List
2013 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Hey guys, I just got minute to chill here and wanted to make a quick post. I am currently at the Nurburgring and I have completed my Break-In Service in Germany this morning.

I already took it on the Nurburgring this afternoon and The only word I have to describe the power and performance of the F10 M5 once its fully broken in is "UNREAL!".

I talked with my Germsn Service advisor today and he confirmed that the technician deactivated what is known as the Break-In mode in the M5, which allows for full horsepower and torque. Only the engine and transmission fluid was changed and not the differential. Unmade them call the engineers at BMW AG to confirm that diff fluid did not need to be changed. I also made sure that they used 10W-30 oil to change the engine oil. I could noticeably tell a difference of increased power and torque from the M5 after thee servicing was complete.

It was my first time on the Ring today, and holy moly it is AWESOME! Especially with the M5 fully unleashed. The power and torque of the M5 is beyond incredible and is scary fast. On the last part of the track where the LONG straightaway is, I pushed the M5 all the way up to the speed governor. I hit about 162 on the HUD. Let me tell you, At 150mph, the F10 M5 feels like its still in 2nd gear at those speeds. There is do much thrust even at those speeds above 150mph, it almost reminded me of my old Stage 2 E60 M5 which had 600hp. When you are in 3rd gear, and full plant the throttle to the floor all the way to 100mph, you better hold on to your pants, because the car wants to rip them off.

Unfortunately, I can't upload any pictures here on this Bimmerpost App on my iPhobe or least I can't figure it out. I took lots of pictures though.

I will post all the good pics when I get back home to the States anyways.
Awesome!! I cant wait until my early October ED F10 M5. I too planned on servicing and then off to The Ring ... can you tell us who/where you went to for servicing?
Appreciate 0