View Single Post
      08-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #8
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5KRZI View Post
I'm going to apologize in advance for the rant, but can you guys please give me some guidance on how to best deal with this situation? I've not been able to get any definitive answers/responses from anyone at BMW NA.

So as many of you know I took ED in mid April and had a wonderful time. The whole process was flawless, the entire team made our experience one that will always be very special - so much so, that we will never take US delivery - if I ever lease/buy another BMW - this is my 4th.

I really hope this never happens to you guys as I know several of you are patiently awaiting re-delivery and others are considering ED as this situation is a complete cluster.

My car was damaged upon re-delivery after it left the VPC - I'd never really know what happened, but there was some "cosmetic" damage to the front bumper - air intake - bottom left. My guess is someone got a little excited having to drive around a 6MT w/CP and wrecked the bumper (see attached picture). No big deal, no one was hurt, and David A. and his team at Steve Thomas jumped all over it.

Attachment 1075834

I live in Manhattan and so I figured the good folks at BMW Manhattan would be great to work with and take care of the issue - especially as they are a Corporate store. I was so wrong. So I took my car in - they assessed the damage and seemed to be on top of the situation. I explained that this is a corporate issue as my car was damaged after it left the VPC by PMTG. They assured me that they understood the situation and would take care of it. I would have the car back in 5 days and gave me a loaner - no big deal - everyone wins - except for the delivery driver at PMTG.

Several weeks go by for the bumper to be replaced - 3 weeks to be exact. I had to keep calling for updates - as my car was finally ready for pick up, my SA decided he would stop returning my calls. A few more days go by, and then I called David A. He jumped on it immediately only to discover that BMW of Manhattan was now going to hold my car hostage for 30 days till they got paid from PMTG's insurance - $2,200. I lost my sh#t. I couldn't believe it - for $2,200 these guys would rather put their reputation on the line and have this situation explode versus making a few proactive calls to get paperwork all sorted, as this was well documented in mid June.

I shouldn't even be involved in any of this. And as if that wasn't bad enough; as I headed over to get my car with all the construction on the roads - a rock hits the windshield of the loaner - 5" crack (328i).

So I paid the $2,200 to rescue my car. Then they told me I'd have to pay for their windshield and that I was not leaving till I did - $2,200 (my insurance shouldn't have to cover this as I shouldn't even be in this situation). So now I am out of pocket $4,400 and am being told that the claim is being processed - several weeks later, no one even knows when I will be repaid and if I will be repaid!!

This was not and is not my issue. Its really sloppy customer service. This has certainly turned into a nightmare and what's even more disappointing, BMW's NA Customer Service doesn't seen to care enough to return my calls/emails.

Any thoughts or advice on how I can get this sorted and refunded would be greatly appreciated. For as long as I'm alive and have the means to afford these cars - I will never buy or service ANYTHING at BMW of Manhattan.

a
I would send a letter via overnight courier to Ludwig Willisch, President, BMW North America, LLC, rather than go through BMW NA customer service. A few years ago the fuel pump in my car died in SoHo, so my car was towed to Manhattan BMW. While there for repairs, things were stolen from my car, and my parking brake was broken. I was eventually able to get my car repaired at JMK, and able to replace the stolen items, by contacting NA, but I do not go to Manhattan BMW for servive or to purchase a car. Terrible dealership, and everyone knows it.
Appreciate 0