View Single Post
      10-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Very fair and accurate review (although repetitive at times). Adds fuel to the fire for MY12/13 adopters who crave better handling
And going to upset those who just got their new cars without it for their "reasons" who say the CP makes handling and traction "worse"-blah blah blah. This stuff is so funny. It is definitely an improvement on several levels. If even slightly, it is STILL an improvement. Most improvements in the performance realm are small. However, to those who place stock in performance, they are meaningful.

Now, for lots of people that truly don't CARE then it is prob. not worth the money. I certainly get that. Many just LOVE the car stock and do occasional fast runs. For them, it is everything it should be and MORE stock.

For those that DO care and claim to "drive" the car hard and fast, we will hear half-page long explanations about why they "did" and "didn't" like it so we "understand" their mistake....uh....decision in not ordering it. Let's face it, people who TRULY drive their cars hard and for all they're worth, want to get every small ounce of performance out of them. For goodness sake, we have people who argue all day about 3 hp gained form a new air filter and 15 hp gains from an exhaust. You can't tell me that they wouldn't want the better all-around engine performance, precise steering and handling improvements....yeah right.

I think this review just reinforces the need to self-evaluate the type of "driver" you are. Neither choice is wrong. The car is amazing stock. The most amazing in its class. The CP just one-ups it.

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0