TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
It seems like, though, the M5 performance output is enhanced over the previous generation, the experience is more muted as a turbo-ed V8. The CTS-V seemed to drive with more drama from the point of view of the driver.

That drama would be more important to me than the M5's capacity for duality to "yacht" luxury ride. I'm not saying I'd kick the M5 out of bed for a Caddy today, but if I were GM, I'd work on making the next generation CTS-V sharper and harder. That would better differentiate it from the M5 and close the gap on the performance side.
The ATS will be a good indication of where the CTS-V might/could go. If the ATS really does emulate the E46 like they planned, the CTS-V could have the feel the current M5 is missing.

I don't have a problem with BMW offering different dampers if they do it right but it seems as a car on it's own, it's a masterpiece but when compared to other cars in the class, it's just not quite there and I think having to do the whole comfort/sport/sport+ is really affecting BMW.
Appreciate 0