View Single Post
      05-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #106
mrhonest
Oil pump waitlister
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Frozen Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Black goes with basically everything, and I think Piano Black is hands down the best choice with Sakhir Full. Out of curiosity, why the ceramic brakes? And do you know what the BMW Individual Exterior Line looks like on the F10? I've only seen it on the 6 Series.
Yeah, originally I was going to go with the aluminum trim, and basic Sahkir leather, as I thought the full option would be too much orange, but I read multiple times that the extended package was the way to go as the non extended left multiple cheap looking pieces. Having never seen any of these color combinations in person it's all a gamble anyway.

The ceramic brakes required a little thought, I do track days regularly and am well aware of what break fade feels like, it really messes with your confidence in session 3, lap 5 for example. While I have no delusions that the M5 will see a lot of track use, I will be curious to see how it does especially on a car this big and heavy. If ceramic brakes were needed in any car it would be this F10 M5. Compared to the option of retro fitting ceramic brakes on cars, the price for this option is pretty fair.

I have never seen the exterior line of the F10, if anyone has pics of this I am sure it will be helpful for everyone.
Appreciate 0