View Single Post
      05-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #39
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

John Heinricy is a very down to earth fellow. You would think that a guy who is the Head of the GM performance division would be a bit full of himself but none of that.

Yeah, I taught my wife how to drive a manual but she hates it. I wish that girl you meet at the pump would rub off on my wife....lol.

As for Recaro seats they are nice but not as nice as found in some other cars. So you will not miss out that big. The 556hp is enough to keep any man happy. If I would do any upgrade on a CTS-V. It would be even wider tires in the rear and maybe a real nice looking set of wider/larger wheels.

I wonder if you did noticed that all stock CTS-V coupe/sedan have a huge gap between 19" wheel/tires and the fender. I guess they do not have to be as aggressively close to the rear fender as BMW 19" with sport pkg due to the constantly adjusting magnetic shocks. If that gap is filled the car will even look more aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Oh okay!

Thank you sir! That's awesome that you got to chat a bit with John Heinricy. I'd like to sit in on a lap with him at the wheel.

It's funny you mention the female cruising around in the CTS-V coupe. You just never know . . . . I was at the gas station a few days ago and an attractive woman (early 30s) pulled up to the pump in an E90 M3. As she was filling up I made the comment, "That's a beautiful M3 you have there."

She said thanks, made a comment about by Le Mans Blue 335i, and then I asked her how she liked the DCT transmission (assuming that's what she had and testing her to see if she knew what I was referring to).

She replied, "No DCT for me - I have to row my own gears." In my head: "Will you marry me?"

nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0