01-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #9
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Took a little while to get back .. work sometimes gets in the way

As for my upgrade plans .
Progress is a little slow as I am waiting for parts from Germany.
I hope to have my project completed by spring

As the biggest issue with the B&O system are the aluminum speaker grills (unfortunately it's also
its biggest "feature") I am going to buy a second complete set of the grills and will mill out the inner
portion (which is covering the speakers) and then replace it with black speaker cloth.
This will require some custom work as the grills themselves are shaped and require some support on the backside so the cloth will follow the speaker lines.
As for speakers I am currently looking at Focal or Dynaudio as a 2-way replacement for the doors.
As the factory sub is lacking a little bit in definition and depth we will add a new subwoofer
in the passenger footwell (something like the new Illusions if they stack up to others).
Amplifiers we're going to install two (one for the sub and another for the new 2-way systems)
Haven't yet decided which exact brand as the market is always in flux (had Pheonix Gold , Zapco Competition and others in the past, but they all vanished or got bought out )
Maybe something like Tru or Steg

As has been said before the B&O system will be fine for 99.9% of the owners
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0