View Single Post
      06-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #28
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

^^^ Yeah, I know about the new coming regulations already - south just clued me in above in case you missed it.

Anyway, I was curious so, looked up Super GT GT500 on wikipedia too (why buck the trend? ).

Here's an interesting quote from the entry:

Quote:
The chassis may also be heavily modified, with lightweight tube-frame "clips" being allowed in front of and behind the main cockpit, although the car must overall look similar to its road-going variant. These regulations result in cars which are possibly the fastest GT racing cars in the world.
So, it seems to me that GT500 cars are something of a hybrid between a full tube chassis like a DTM car of today and a typical Lemans GT car. In other words, saying the new 2012 DTM cars will be similar to a Super GT car or Lemans GT car is leaving a lot of room for just about anything. The two are actually pretty different. I will honestly be a little surprised if a new DTM car shares anything in the body or chassis with a production car, so to me it will probably be more like the Super GT car than the Lemans GT car. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0