View Single Post
      05-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #18
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
The oil usage varies widely. There was one guy here who was having to fill oil at 1 liter per 800 miles, and after escalating to BMW he was told that this is normal - WTF!

I have owned two F10 M5s and my oil usage was one liter per 18,000 miles (no typo). This is prorated usage because I changed my oil before 18,000 miles but measured the oil before changes and also oil removed. Point is never had to add oil, two M5s in a row. I attribute my lack of oil usage to Alpine driving (I.e. Spending first 1200 miles on windy country roads, not taking highways, and observing break in rules). This said I know many of huge oil burners claim they did the same thing so maybe it doesn't make a difference.

I'm at 14 and its asked for oil twice... Weird tho about 5 days ago [less than 100miles driven this week] it came on "need a quart minimum" white message, then last nigth after an 88 mile trip it came on orange same message when I stopped and took the reading it was like 2 inches below the minimum line which shocked me, regardless put a quart in this morning and its now about two inches under max... If thats an accurate representation and knowing the engine takes like 6+quarts how is it possible its "full" lol

Oh and I'm 2.5k away from my 7500 mile oil change they would not take it in early lmao to just change it...
Appreciate 0