View Single Post
      07-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #13
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Who does this person report to? How the hell did he get this job. Now on the other hand you can take advantage of this and see it as a possibility for a step up in your career. If you had the go getter mentality you should start helping him with what he needs to know, since your bored at work this will help pass the time. Hopefully these efforts will get noticed by your managers higher ups and if he is as incompetent as you say he is he probably won't last much longer and they will need someone to replace him. And if you were the guy going above and beyond showing him how to do his job you would be a perfect candidate to replace him. But hey that's just my .02 cents.
If my last job taught me anything, it would to not do that. My first year at my old job I worked half my days for 4 months in the credit and collections department on request of the controller. That ended up with me having to also do that the next 2 years. Then an accounting clerks job was absorbed into mine after one quit. After that, our senior accountant quit to move to Canada with her husband and I took on her entire job. I did this for about a year and a half, received no raise, no advancement at all (mind you she became a senior accountant within the first year of being there after they promoted someone to management; she also didn't have her CPA license). Right before I was going to leave, they fired two managers from different departments and my boss was absorbing the fixed assets department. I was then going to absorb someone elses job in that department too. That was the final straw for me. I was doing a one and half to two hour drive each way to and from work everyday and not getting any sort of advancement or prospects of it.
Appreciate 0