View Single Post
      03-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

I am in the same boat. I want E-race but am "afraid" of it being too loud/dronish etc for daily use. I am also worried if I get E-sport I will like it but be left wanting a little more... and wish I went with the race.

One thing I have noticed is that if a certain set-up is truly obnoxious, it tends to show up on the member classifieds fairly soon. For example there were a ton of E-race systems up for resale on M3 post. I think that system really was too loud for DD (unless you are 19 years old and deaf). On the other hand E-sport systems were very rare on the member classifieds I am guessing because it was a perfect sound level for DD (for a broader audience).

With the F10, I haven't really seen a pattern on any exhaust for resale. This might be because of the superior cabin insulation or the fact that with the turbos etc the F10 just cant get loud and obnoxious enough to warrant a change by its owner.

It could be as simple as numbers. Much fewer F10 M5s with aftermarket exhausts means it will just take much longer for the resales to show up.

I sure wish there were some F10 M5s in the Pacific NW with E-race, E-sport etc installed so I could hear them in person!

Oh well.
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0