05-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
cjrdriven
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hori View Post
BMW noob here day dreaming about a 12 M5 at dealer, just off lease and dealership bought the car so it`s CPO with extended warranty. I have owned several sports cars over the years and my last purchase is the 12 Boss 302. The boss has power and handling but I find myself mainly using it as Sunday driver as my wife wont drive it where its standard and I have been using it less and less. The M5 appeals to me because it hauls ass, looks good, dct so will be driven more. So guess now question time time

-Is it docile in comfort mode, no breaking tires all the time at stop and go? dont want to scare hell out of wife when shes driving it.
- Hows is the ride quality, is it still comfortable in the comfort mode? not bone jarring,
-Ok about the power , I am torque junky and like the push you get from powerful modern V8 engines, I know in reviews they say how fast this thing is does it really pin you back when you kick down? does it keep straight when all the nannies are on?
-Any recalls or things to ask dealer about in particular?
-oil burning, do they all do it? something to ask dealer?

all replies will be appreciated , thanks
My wife is afraid to drive it, however it can be low key in all the lowest settings with light to medium throttle. Surprising how comfortable it can be too.

In Sport or Sport Plus settings, torque will pin everyone back and put a smile on your face. Highway Beast and pulls straight and true, even when you get a little rear end slip it is pretty easy to feel and control.

Oil consumption has been noted by several, but worth every penny.

I had seen all reviews and YouTube videos on it and I was still impressed with first drive!

Good Luck
Appreciate 0