m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
if your left foot is not pressing on the pedal its called automatic.
Left foot braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-technik View Post
Argue all you want about the benefits of the dct, there are still some of us that love the manual transmission and swear by it in every car they purchase. I have no doubt that the dct can shift faster and better than me as well as knock off a few tenths of a second in a 1/4 mile run, but it'll never allow for me to "learn" the cars traits as well as a manual can. The satisfaction of rowing through gears and hitting those perfectly rev matched shifts by your own skill is something only a true manual can give. Much respect to BMW for keeping this option alive.
No argument re: enjoying manual transmission, rowing thru gears, etc - to each his own. However, re: "perfectly rev matched shifts," it's only a best attempt w/ manual transmissions. Sure, you can, with practice, come close to perfect rev matches, but it's not perfect; whereas, DCT will do it perfectly each and every time.
To reiterate my previous post, I have no doubt that the DCT is capable of a better shift than I am. The term "perfect" may not have been the best choice of words to describe manual shifting, however, the real point I was trying to get across was that manual shifting is accomplished by your own skill, not by a computer. personally, I find the learning element part of the fun when driving a new car, but that's just me, I'm old school.
Appreciate 0