View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #25
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Official IMPERIAL BLUE METALLIC F10 M5 Photo Thread

took home the new 2012 m5 a few days ago.

nothing too unique on the options so i didnt see the need to show pics of every inch of the interior...

2012 imperial blue on black full merino leather.(got 5k off and 3m, rubber matts and trunk matt thrown in)
aluminum trim
exectutive package
night vision.

imperial blue really looks amazing. at night it looks basicly black until you get up close and the blue highlights glisten. gorgeous.

nice to see they retained alot of the "edgyness" of the 60 m5, which i loved.
the throttle response is much quicker than the cls63, which i also have but will be selling, now that i have a car that drives much nicer.

another area where the m5 destroys the amg is the transmission. the dual clutch is awesome! instant gear changes. although i havent gone WOT yet. still in break in mode (is it as crazy as the e60?) makes the driving experience so much more direct and involving compared to the cls63, which even though has paddle shifters, they're basicly useless because of the huge delay after you initiate a shift commad.

the interior is an amazing. sooo comfortable to sit in. long drives are a pleasure. although the massage function is pretty modest. at times its hard to tell if its even on... the only thing i noticed was the aluminum trim doesnt appear to be real aluminum as was in the e60 m5. i wasnt aware of this. but given the quality of everything else, ist not a big deal. but just in case anyone was planning on ordering the aluminum trim.

the night vision feature rocks!

by comparison to mercedes' version. they use different technologies, from what ive read, and the pedestrian detection is so cool. as it detects a person, they turn to a bright yellow! to stand out from the background. it appears to actually be a heat seeking camera, so the hotter something is the lighter it appears. whereas mercedes just looks like your watching a black & white monitor. and i never noticed any pedistrian detection, although it was supposed to have it. it would be helpful if there was also an audible alert when a pedistrian is detected.

the new idrive is ridiculous.

im not sure, but i think you may actually be able to see into space with this thing.
makes mercedes command system look like the first generation gamboy.

cant wait to get the break in period over and the first mod will likely be an exhaust. which already sounds awesome. (but i need it just a little louder)

oh, and i also have corner markers, side grilles and kidney grilles on order from nate at IND. all in Imperial Blue.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0