ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Lol! Damn you California Girls!

see below :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Wow! I was gone all weekend, this post blew up.

I just got done reading the whole thing.

So in summation, here's what appears to be positions taken:

1. Performing Imports Tune: Know one knows if the tune by itself actually makes the 80hp claimed. ***Not sure what he "claims"

2. ColdList is unwilling to provide dyno numbers, vbox data, YouTube video races, or 1/4 miles drag time slips due to his own personal ideological reasons (which is his right, it is his car after all, and in fact he is not a representative of the company, just a personal friend of the owner).
***Corectomundo there pal. You guys obsessed with every ounce of exact HP can do this yourselves or RON the guy selling the tune can. Being TRANSPARENT again-I was told that BMW was going to send out a bulletin declaring Dyno runs as a reason to void warranty. Not taking chances (although I am not OVERLY worried-I can afford another one of these cars) but MOSTLY because I know the errors are still on the car and I would rather not raise eyebrows if unnecessary. Forgive me for my judgement man but I am more comfortable listening to people connected to BMW than "Dave" when it comes to this stuff. And of course the whole Dyno argument. I believe one thing and so I will not believe the data. Maybe I will get a VBOX. I will name it Dave and keep it in a dusty corner when not in use-lol! Seriously, you may just be convincing me to get one. I have lots of time on my hands. I can figure out how to adjust it for spin. NO WAY Manhart is putting down that much power without a slick tire setup. My car is less powerful and I can't get grip on SS but maybe I will try. YOU will be responsible for the many citations I will get. And I WILL get them playing with this!
3. It's been alluded to but not fact that a combination of all three (downpipes, tune, exhaust from Performing Imports) is responsible for an approximate increase in horsepower of 80hp to the crank and that the tune by itself does not actually produce the claimed 80hp increase as was advertised.***Partly correct. I felt a LOT more power with the whole combo. Only incorrect part was that I don't know what I got from the tune. I NEVER said 80 hp was what I got. I would not know how exactly it feels but yes, way better with DP too.

4. Other people who are willing to get the Performing Imports Tune have stated that they will dyno the car before and after the tune is installed.
***Yes, and people like YOU who are Dyno junkies will have flawed data and either cheer over bullshit numbers or you will cry in your coffee over bullshit numbers. Bro-DYNOS on the F10 M5 MUST BE DONE DIFFERENTLY-PERIOD. Call Noelle and have that discussion. That way you do not have to believe anyone like me or Ron.

5. Ron and his company Performing Imports are still unwilling to provide data as to the exact performance gains of any of their products by evidence provided through dynograph charts, vbox data results, or 1/4 mile drag strip time slips. ****Ron is not one of those "racers" with his F10. He has an insane 335i that he tracks. THIS however should be discussed with him.

6. The discussion between the Manhart Tune and the Performing Imports tune is interesting. There still appears to be no concrete evidence that both tunes from both companies are the exact same product.
***WAY WRONG bro-just call and ASK. Manhart will tell you. When I found out I asked and they told me. You can make the same call instead of belaboring a dead point here that you will never believe until you hear it from the horse's mouth which is openly available to you right now. There are people who have actually done so. Become one with them Dave.

7. Ron is still willing to come out to Arizona and provide customers with his tune. ***Got me. I know he said "F those idiots" to people who don't believe what BMW says about Dynos. Who wants to get in that sh*t storm? Again-up to him. I don't know. Again, can call him. 770-641-6202

8. Dynograph results are only good for Naturally Aspirated Engines and are completely irrelevant for turbo car engines, especially the F10 M5's.
***Nope. Dynos are good on ANY car when done properly. The turbos are all different too. It is the F10 M5 that is complex. Technology changes bro. Just look at your car next to an E60. You can throw an E60 on the Dyno no prob. Still can jack that up but not nearly as easy.

9. The fact that I actually talked with several tuning companies last week about the BMW Development Software that they actually have in their possession seems to be an irrelevant point and merits no validity despite their long standing reputations. ****Just BUY one and put it on your car. When ONE person has the software installed then we have proof. Call me man. I can tell you the same story. btw. ..there are MANY Euro shops that have this same tune. Source is the same. One place only in US. Call Noelle about this. Why will EVERYONE sit here and question everything and talk about all of these other options yet NO ONE will just go out and get one and prove it? No one could ever question it then.

10. An F10 M5 with the Performing Imports Tune, Downpipes, and Exhaust is unable to provide any vbox data due to wheelspin. This includes completely losing traction in a 60-130mph run. ****No, MY car and ME driving is the issue. Ron might be able to do this. I am not one of those fools who comes on and brags about being John Force. The freaking car spins. Maybe you driving it would get better grip.

New Info:

I spoke with Roman from ESS face to face this past weekend while at the Targa Trophy event in San Diego. He has stated that ESS will have a tune hopefully this summer and will definitely make gains of over 30hp to the crank. They are developing their own software in house and are not using the BMW Development Software. They will also back up their tune with dynograph charts. ***This will be great. I would suggest choosing this one for sure.

Personal Opinion:

I don't have a doubt in my mind that Ron's personal M5 and ColdList's M5 are both very fast M5's, but how much faster nobody knows. I am hoping that someone from SoCal does get the Performing Imports Tune and I am able to race them without a tune on my car so as to compare the differences in power. I would hope that I get beaten very badly as an 80hp increase from a tune should have substantial results in a side by side race. I look forward to the day. ***As long as you remove that 60+hp exhaust.

So in summation to your summation: I would like to thank you whole-heartedly for allowing us to revisit this whole thing-lol! You know I am just giving you sh*t with my responses. My ENTIRE point is that I just did what I think anyone else can do. I got my car improved and I told people it was pretty cool and a lot faster. I did not know I was going to be held to trial by fire or I would not have mentioned it. I LOVE my M5.

I sincerely hope that someone, anyone, will go out and get another tune on a US car and report back. This completely invalidates and validates everything and everything without question. As far as I know, nobody in the US has done another tune. These opinions on here are seriously no win arguments. They will go round and round forever. PLEASE someone go out and get a tune-lol Stop "talking" and DO SOMETHING.

Over and out fellas! going to be an observer on this one going forward!

Last edited by ColdList; 03-26-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0