03-27-2013, 02:53 AM   #82
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
I have to ask since you are about to provide a "new road" to the promised land of huge horsepower gains. Are you going to dyno your car? If so, please provide the charts, data and graphs. This should be interesting!
Maybe it's just me, but what "new road" are you talking about?

1) The "road" were power gains are measured, either by dyno or acceleration figures?

2) A unknown/completely new tune to the M5?

I believe that #1 is the "old road" and has been used in the industry for ages (just as old as the other "road" of crazy HP gains and NO proof of it, just advertizing big numbers)

And M'bitious is not going down a "new road" as regards the tune he is getting. Manhart has allready provided the before and after dyno runs AND Vbox data (and Manhart has some slight variations that the other tuners don't have on their M5's (at least not yet)).

It's obviously gonna be interesting to see what numbers M'bitious gets when he does the same with his car. Then the other (Euro) M5 owners will have even more data to consider before choosing their tune. Hopefully this will get available for other than Euro customers in the future as well

With all due respect, that must be so much more reassuring than just having to rely on "it feels much more powerful". And easier to come back if the car does not deliver to the claims. Manhart has really put their claims out in the open with dyno and Vbox data. That can obviously be used as a comparison, as they actually provide quantifiable data out there that can be verified on your car after the tune. That some tuners WILL NOT provide the tune to anyone wanting to get their gains verified seems strange (but understandable if dyno operators are not doing things right). Wouldn't it be a possibility to at least get some Vbox (or similar) data on a given speed delta for comparisons sake? (I get what has been said about traction, but others do Vbox runs...).

Last edited by Boss330; 03-27-2013 at 05:27 AM..
Appreciate 0