View Single Post
      10-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #58
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie F10M View Post
We lose our license down here at 45k over the 110k limit. The only place to enjoy the car is on the track - which I do regularly. But the only problem is that the car is actually too heavy to drive at the track. As much as I love the M5 it is too heavy for a track car. Which means it is kind of useless on my opinion. Too fast for the road and too heavy for the track. This is my dilemma. I am thinking of trading it for a base 911 which I think could be a good compromise. But then I can't fit my 3 kids in the back. I am stuck. I don't know where to go apart from a cayenne gts, but the wife has a X5 50i, which is a great family car. I am truly lost on the car front at the moment. Nice problem to have when I have the M5 !
The F80 M3 may be the answer for you my friend. Will be under 3,300lbs and will still be able to sit the kids in the back semi-comfortably (no 4-zone climate control, no heated rear seats, no rear seat entertainment), although not as nicely as the M5. Compromise has to be made somewhere though.

Appreciate 0