02-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #89
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Hey when it is Miller time in America , it is bedtime in Munich.

But why the Paranoia?
The world is full of complainers and anyway what else do they really have to complain about if not this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I will reply later today, I am occupied at the moment with other matters.

Nothing is Impossible... It is the only the human mind that makes it impossible.
I have to agree here, the likelihood is that it's true but personally I'm of the opinion it's a good thing and for the reasons I listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
That's the truth. Besides, the proof is in how it drives. This is an enthusiast forum. As such, it is very different from the overall population of BMW buyers.

I still think the DCT vs 8 speed auto choice is related to pumping losses in the wet clutch. A true manual was probably not on the menu from the start.
The reality is that most if not all the negative comments addressed to this possibility are from people who never will own an M5, they have this idealistic belief that automatics are awful power sapping, slow slush boxes that have no business in a sportscar. WAKE UP YOU LOT, this is a big heavy saloon car, no a sportscar and as such it needs to deliver on the luxury side of it's personality as well as being quick. The guy that wants something sporty will buy a proper sportscar or at the very least something like an M3, he most definitely won't be considering this that is for sure, so let BMW develop the M5 into a proper sport/luxury saloon, it will be all the better for it.
Appreciate 0