12-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #68
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
You still do not answer the question-how can an m3 hit that type of 0-60 number which is a lot faster than a 335 and hit the quarter in 12.5 which is also faster than any stock 335? Those are pretty standard objective measures of acceleration and 3.9 seconds to 60 is not slow by any stretch.

And you 335 guys have some sense of humor! Sounded legit to me!
Lol, it's very simple... more HP. A stock 335i has 300 HP while an M3 has 414. That is a 114 Hp difference which explains it. They have identical TQ stock and TQ is something that is used for instantaneous thrust and more grunt down low (it has next to nothing to do with acceleration and in most cases past 5k it does nothing for you except taper off) which is why I pointed out 5 times that TQ is important in a DD not a race car. This car is produced as both and this is something that it definitely benefits from; having both is an amazing combination.

I don't think anyone said that a stock 335i is better than a stock M3 (at least I hope not). It's the ability of the engine to make a ton more very easily that makes it a winner.