m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You can postulate until you're blue in the face, but the reality is that BMW is a company that is making a business decision that is in the best interests of solvency. For every one of the dogmatic enthusiasts who decide to no longer invest in the brand there will be another NEW enthusiast who will. BMW hasn't destroyed their enthusiast base. That's a preposterous statement! As long as the company continues to produce automobiles that are powerful, competitive and fun to drive, there will ALWAYS be a place for BMW M. FWIW, people had the same meager outlook when BMW moved to a V8 in the M3. We all see how that turned out.
They have most certainly hurt themselves, and alienated a part of their core enthusiasts, that is a fact that I and many others prove, nothing preposterous in the truth....and only time will tell to what degree this impact takes hold. Again, you make assumptions that the new cars will be "fun" when that may or may not be the case, depending on your point of view. The e92 M3 is not a good example, since it still in fact followed the traditional M philosophy, NA high revving powerplant, but it will be interesting to see how things go in the F1x M3 when this model also moves to FI and breaks every rule that bmw and m set for themselves, we'll see how the community embraces it, or rejects it.
Appreciate 0