View Single Post
      12-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X5 50,M550i,Tesla, MP4-12c

I had to say for me the E60 M5 was my least favorite M car and I've had quite a few including an E36 M3 LTW, E46 M3 coupe with SMG, E39 M5 (very modded), and now the F10 and E93 M3.

I really didn't think the E60 screamed until you put an eisenmann race on it. It doesn't scream like a Gallardo.

The cruising range was horrific and when you're on it, it was horrible. (3mpg on the track at Laguna Seca and Thunderhill) which equated to less than 70 miles before it would cut out on places such as turn 5 and 8 at thunderhill. I literally got gas every 2 20 min sessions. The SMG went out 3 times on mine, burnt a quart of oil every 250 miles. (broken in as recommended). After 9 months of ownership, BMW bought it back since they couldn't figure out what was wrong with the transmission. Driving a race car on the street is overrated. It wasn't torquey and needed to be revved to get anything. The M3 is better in that regards.

With that said, 500+ miles of Autobahn and Autostrada and mountain run up Alto Adige in Northern Italy from Euro Delivery and the F10 is a far superior car in my opinion. Tons of everyday useable power/torque without hitting the 500HP button, big fuel tank, much better brakes, and better gas mileage. Looking forward to my 1st track day in the new daily driver.
Appreciate 0