View Single Post
      04-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
Draven
C7Z - Darkside
Rep
Drives: '18 Z06 M7

Materialism has been the driving force of our civilization for the last 2500 years. He can preach all he wants about the enlightenment of not joining the rat-race for the pursuit of money, but the reality is that the rest of the world has recognized that we don't need to forage for food and seek shelter in natural caves. We trade the skills we have in the form of employment for the stuff we need and want in the form of currency. Different skills equate to different amounts of currency.

I see his FRUSTRATION about a house devaluing $200k dollars, but both he and the narrator are idiots if they don't understand the concept of supply and demand and how it affects price. Mortgages were being given out like candy, houses were few and far between, and the supply was low so prices were high. That's why home builders were doing so well and building so much before the '08 crash, people were buying. Today, mortgages are harder to get and more people are selling their homes so the supply is high and prices are low. As a home owner, I couldn't sell my place either and it sucks, but these are simple economic principles. If the guy doesn't understand them, he should stick to the woods.
Appreciate 0