View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #39
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
BTW I predict the 2014 will not have adjustable side bolsters either. I have seen no evidence BMW is pursuing this, and if they do, many of us will be eligible for a retro fit since our order documentation said we would have 20 way seats.
Speak of the devil. I finally got a chance to sit in the F13 M6 Coupe yesterday for the first time and played around with the adjustable side bolsters for a bit. I gotta say, they are pretty lame compared to the adjustable support we got on the E63 M6 and the E60 M5. I felt way less locked into my seat with the side bolsters all the way in on the M6 compared to my F10 M5.

I am feeling that even if BMW would have given us adjustable side bolsters on the F10 M5 seats, it would be kind of worthless given my experience on the M6 seat. Granted the M6 is a different design, and yeah over all I did not feel the same kind of bolster support that I do on the M5 seat.

I guess we'll have to wait for the next generation M5 to get our side bolster adjustable seats back. It'll also be interesting to see what ///M does with the next M3/M4 seats.

Appreciate 0